Jonathan Creek

Discuss anything and everything. (Try to put topics into other sub-forums where possible.)

Jonathan Creek

Postby hyperdeath » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:32 pm

Did anyone in the UK watch tonight's episode of Jonathan Creek?

I thought the mysteries were ill thought out. Plus there was a very disappointing "ha ha transwomen are funny!" scene.
hyperdeath
Site Admin

Re: Jonathan Creek

Postby NoGodsNoMasters » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:36 pm

I watched. Disappointed. Same reasons. They had a great opportunity to handle such an unthinking situation and instead it was used for comic effect.

I also have a peeve for when mysteries seems really interesting and involved and it turns out it was completely left-field all along. Something you couldn't have worked out yourself anyway.

And I'm disappionted in lack of windmill. And his wife is... annoying.

I was so proud of myself, too, that I remembered something was on and at what time. Blah.
"Justice is not a flexible tool. Unless we all do our part to ensure that justice is applied equally to all human beings, we are a party to its abuse. We must stand together to protect the rights of others." — Leonard Peltier
NoGodsNoMasters

Re: Jonathan Creek

Postby hyperdeath » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:58 pm

NoGodsNoMasters wrote:I also have a peeve for when mysteries seems really interesting and involved and it turns out it was completely left-field all along.

I agree. It was also ruined by the fact that she threw the clothes out of the window, despite it being played up as a locked room mystery.

The best mysteries are those where the answer is staring you in the face, but is hidden by a false preconception.

EDITED TO ADD:
The Christmas Special "The Grinning Man" was ruined by the same kind of thing. The completely sealed attic wasn't completely sealed after all.
hyperdeath
Site Admin

Return to General discussion