Whenever a blog post broaches the subjects of harassment or sexism within the atheist/skeptic community, there will inevitably be commenters demanding evidence, as if evidence had never been presented in a prior discussion.
Don't get me wrong; I don't think all of these demands are honest questions. Sometimes they are to silence a commenter or derail a discussion. However, I think there is a solution to dealing with both the honest and dishonest demands for evidence, and that is the point of this thread.
The Documented Harassment Link Roundup
I'd like to gather links to all of the publicly available examples of harassment within the atheist and skeptic community. Let me repeat: This thread is explicitly for publicly available, published information. My hope is that, in being able to link to a single thread that documents harassment in the atheist/skeptic community, we can prevent threads from being derailed when yet another demand for evidence appears.
Here's what I've got so far:
- Mom, Don't Read This by Rebecca Watson
- The campaign against Amy Davis Roth by Jason Thibeault
- Greta Christina: #MenCallMeThings
- How I Unwittingly Infiltrated the Boy’s Club by Jen McCreight
- Little skeptic twit Rhys not so hot at science, a cruel post on the Elevatorgate blog
- Reddit Makes Me Hate Atheists by Rebecca Watson
- Harassment at TAM 9 by Ashley F. Miller
- Must be This Tough to Ride by Stephanie Zvan
- Misandry: A How-To by Rebecca Watson
- A creepy email received by Melody Hensley
- (NSFW) Twitter account that impersonates Jen McCreight which posts links to porn
Edit: as links get posted, I'll add them to this list so that they are easier to find.